Sharing our favourite recipes...Houmous Eggs
In the kitchen: creating Houmous Eggs for Brunch
Ellie from the Redbrick Marketing team shares how she recreated Filmore & Union's classic Houmous Eggs at home.
2 Poached Eggs and Houmous on Sourdough Toast with Mushroom, Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes, Spinach and Pesto.
"I love the whole menu at Redbrick and always feel like I’ve eaten an organic, healthy meal. I have been especially missing their Houmous Eggs, so I decided to get creative in the kitchen and was very impressed with the end result…I know self-appraisal…but it tasted really good!”
Ellie, Redbrick Marketing
What you’ll need
- Sliced sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Cherry tomatoes
- Asparagus (can use any green veg such as green beans, broccoli if you don't have asparagus)
- Pesto - why not make your own by blending basil, olive oil, pine nuts and parmesan!
- A pinch of salt and pepper
What to do
- Fry the spinach with the tomatoes, mushrooms and asparagus in olive oil
- Poach 2 eggs in pan of gently boiling water (I always add a splash of vinegar and get the water swirling before I add the eggs)
- Toast the bread
- Spread on the houmous, add the fried tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach on top of the houmous
- Add the poached eggs and drizzle some pesto on top
- Top with asparagus and season with salt and black pepper to taste.